Custom made classical ballet tutus and other dance costumes for competitions, festivals, performance and eisteddfods.
I provide a complete service from design through to stage ready with everything personally made by me at my studio in Woodend, Central Victoria. Tiaras and matching headpieces are also available as are tutu sewing patterns and tutu making classes .
As of 2013 a fully decorated, made to order stretch tutu will cost between $300 and $450, a matching tiara between $50 and $75.
For a gallery of costumes I have made, please scroll past all the posts.

Contact me at danilegge@me.com



Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bird of Paradise tutu

I have just finished a tutu for India, she wanted something that looked birdlike, with red shading to orange and to turquoise blue at the edge of the skirt. She didn't mind a bit of bling either! I have had real fun making it. I used five colours of net plus sequinned turquoise, red velvet lycra for the leotard and "wings" and gold sequinned fabric that looks like gold cobwebs for the under wings. A sprinkling of Swarovski crystals in "fire opal" completed it. here are a few pictures.



No comments:

Post a Comment