I design and make ready to wear stretch classical tutus and tiaras. I also sell patterns and instructions so you can make your own stretch tutus. I am based in Central Victoria, Australia.

Contact me at danilegge@me.com



Friday, April 23, 2010

Tutus made in April

I have been fairly busy and still have lots of orders for the next lot of comps in July. This tutu was made totally by email for Amelia who lives in northern NSW. Amelia and her mum chose the colour, decoration and design. Amelia is 9 and I think it is a perfect tutu for a young girl, the top layer of glitter net just gives it enough glitz without overpowering it.


These two tutus are for older girls to wear in ballet championships, so are a lot fancier. I have had this shot crushed taffeta in my stash for ages, waiting for someone who wanted a more unusual coloured tutu. I think it looks perfect with the deep purple velvet and greeny yellow oil slick sequins on this tutu.


I used lots of different colours of net, even adding a greeny yellow layer to pick up the colour of the sequins.


Here is a close up of the bodice decoration


and the headpiece I made to go with it


This one is in my favourite colours of red and purple


Here is a close up of the low back the teacher wanted. I like these backs especially with the drape type sleeves as they don't hang so low.


I dyed the lace to go on the overskirt as purple lace is hard to come by. Unfortunately as it is embroidered onto organza it made the bits in between the emnroidered parts really dull and the red velvet didn't show through. I ended up painting all the in between bits red, plus adding LOTS of sequins.


Here is the headpiece for this tutu.

1 comment:

  1. I have just received my daughter's Tutu that Dani has made totally be email and has posted to us. It is absolutely beautiful. What exquisite work. What a clever lady you are Dani. I better book in now for next year's eisteddfod as I will need two made, as my other daughter will be doing a solo. Thanks heaps.

    ReplyDelete